Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

So you wanna stay in school for 3 more years????

Hello to my fellow Wolverines. As it states in the upper left hand corner (in what must be 60-point font), my name is Michael. I'm a 2003 University of Michigan graduate of the business school. During my time at the business school I asked myself the question that is the title to this post: "So you wanna stay in school for 3 more years?" in reference to attending law school right out of college. And my answer, after thinking that I didn't care for most of the material covered in the business school classes, was "YES." So I took the LSAT, applied to some schools, visited different cities and campuses, and settled on being a law student in Chicago. I believe that I made the right decision, but I'm obviously not sure if that would be the right decision for you. I'm here - well, actually this blog is here - to help you find out how you should answer the title question. And by the way, it might be 4 more years of school if you are planning on attending part-time.

So I invite you all to please leave some comments and questions for me on this blog. I will do my best to answer them as quickly and detailed as I can. Any and all questions are welcome, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to answer them all.

Over the next few weeks I will try to post some more information about me, my experience as a law school applicant, how my time at Michigan prepared me for law school, how I survived first year, the process of finding a job, and more.

Enjoy your St. Patty's Day and the NCAA tourney - maybe we can finally make it next year (I, unfortunately, had to suffer through the Brian Ellerbe years).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?