Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

There are five people...if you can tell us in what order they are standing then you can go to law school!!

It's kinda scary for me to realize that I took the LSAT over four years ago now. I also realized that many of you might be seniors that, if you were thinking of following the same path that I did, already took the LSAT and applied to law schools; but I'm going to start from the beginning anyways. Plus, it is never too late to go back to law school - I would say that about half of my law school class took some time off before going back. There's even some 60 and 70 year-olds running around the halls (and one doctor that I know of)!

Anyways, the LSAT is usually a horrible experience. It's a funky test that, it seems to me, shows little to nothing about how you will achieve in law school. I think that someone's ability to work hard is a much better factor, but I guess it is a little hard to test that in a standardized, quick way. So, instead we're stuck with still having to take the LSAT.

My words of advice for this test is to start studying for it a few months in advance, go to Kaplan class, and time yourself on practice tests. Also, read through the explanations to practice questions (if available). I remember taking my LSAT at the UofM law school. It was almost 100 degrees and the windows were closed. I asked the proctor if we could open the windows because it was so hot in there that I was sweating onto my scantron - and I don't usually sweat very much. His response was: "If everyone else agrees, then I will open them." Well, there were about 90 people in the room. 87 agreed that the windows should be opened. 3 didn't. The windows remained shut and I continued to take the horrible test in what must be an environment similar to hell. So, another word of advice is to scope out where you want to take the exam and whether that location has proper air conditioning or heating (depending on when you it).

I'll be back soon to discuss applications (or whatever questions anyone posts). I hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?