Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

T-Minus 61 Days

That's the amount of time that I have remaining until the bar exam. Since I'm supposed to discuss what my life is like as a post-law student, here is a typical day during bar review preparation (for me):

6:45am - Wake up
8:00am - Take bus to bar review course
9:00am - 12:30pm - Bar review lecture
12:30pm-1:45pm - Eat lunch and walk to law school library
1:45 - 4:30pm - Review lecture notes and start review of outline for tomorrow's bar review lecture topic
4:30-5:30 - Take bus home
5:30-7:00 - Work out, eat, watch PTI on TIVO
7:00-8:00 - Finish review of outline for tomorrow's bar review lecture topic
8:00-9:30 - Do 50 practice multi-state multiple choice questions or do 2 practice essay questions (depending on current topic being reviewed)
9:30-11:00 - Review answers to multi-state questions or essay questions
11:15 - Bedtime

Actually, that's not really going to be a "typical day" - that will be the schedule for every day except for Memorial Day. Weekends will be basically the same except, instead of going to lecture, it will invovle doing more practice questions or listening to audio lectures or going over flash cards. Well, I guess that's not true either since there are some variables, like playoff Pistons games (TIVOing them and then fast forwarding through them until the last 8 minutes or so), softball games, and a couple breaks each week to watch a movie or maybe even go for a walk down the beachfront.

I think that having this type of schedule written up where I know what I'm going to have to do minute by minute is going to help me quite a bit. Staying organized definitely helps to reduce any stress that would come from thinking "oh my gosh, am I doing what I'm supposed to be doing today?" In addition to this general hour-by-hour summary, I also have a 7-page schedule from the bar review preparation course hanging on my door telling me what my assignments are to be each day until the exam.

Finally, posting this is also not meant to scare anyone or complain - I'm just letting you know what a typical day in a post-graduate law student is like. It's just something that you have to go through and I know that. I'm just crossing my fingers that I'll only have to go through it once...

Comments:
Hi there -

I just started a blog for people taking the VA bar exam, and the bar exam in general.

Check it out!

http://vabarexam.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?